Quote... Unquote, Inc. is a 501c3 tax-exempt nonprofit incorporated in 1979. As the original founders of public access in Albuquerque, Quote Unquote's vision is to support freedom of speech and democracy through community media. Quote...Unquote, Inc. operates to provide the means to train people and to promote balanced community programming. Quote...Unquote, Inc.'s purpose is to operate Access Media Center(s) to enhance and facilitate communication by, for and among the diverse people of Albuquerque. Quote Unquote's goals are:
- To develop and promote the concept of public access to existing and future communications media;
- To maintain and operate one or more media access centers, and;
- To operate Community Cable Channel 27 and other channels in the future.
Grassroots establishment of QUQ in protest of privatization of public airwaves.
QUQ starts cablecasting Public Access TV Channel 27
QUQ and ABQ Public Schools establish Freedom of Speech Day.
- QUQ establish 1st Authorized Apple Training Center in New Mexico.
- QUQ launches Local Origination (LO) Access TV channel 26.
- QUQ starts streaming public access TV online.
- QUQ works with the Film Apprenticeship Program, Inc. (FAPI) to develop an apprenticeship program for the state of New Mexico.
- QUQ founds the first state authorized and state-wide charter school, the Media Arts Collaborative Charter School; MACCS opens its doors in 2008.
- QUQ creates Media Arts Content Standards and Benchmarks to support the founding of MACCS.
- QUQ is ranked 5th in the nation for the number of hours of 1st run, local programming, putting QUQ and Albuquerque behind only Manhattan Neighborhood Network in NYC, Queens Media Center, the Bronx Media Center, and the Chicago Access Network (CAN).
- The City of Albuquerque pulls QUQ's contract to operate Channels 26 and 27.
QUQ obtains FCC license to operate KQUQ 102.1 FM
QUQ negotiates a settlement with the city of Albuquerque
QUQ is in negotiation to operate Educational Access TV